Monday, October 24, 2011

Lucky Stones

My newest addition to my Etsy shop:


So what is a Lucky Stone? 

It’s a stone with a hole through it carved by mother nature. Collected and treasured as talismans from as far back as the Neolithic ages, these holy stones are considered to have magical powers and believed to be able to ward off illness and misfortune. 



Fishermen would not sail without them, farmers would nail them to their barns to protect their livestock. In the Victorian days it was considered especially lucky to spit on the stone, and toss it over your left shoulder chanting: Lucky stone lucky stone bring me some luck. Today or tomorrow at Twelve O’Clock.

 I found these on the beach of lake Michigan this past summer on our family vacation. The girls and I really enjoyed walking the beaches searching for the lucky stones. I think they make such a simple and sweet necklaces.




No comments: