1 box cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can frosting (16 oz.)
2 bags of Candy melts
- After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with 1 can frosting. (I use the back of a large spoon, but it may be easier to use fingers to mix together. But, be warned, it will get messy. Also, you may not need the entire can of frosting, so start out by using almost the entire can and add more if you need to.)
- Roll mixture into quarter size balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50)
- Melt chocolate in the microwave per directions on package. (30 sec intervals, stirring in between.)
- Place them in the freezer for a little while to firm up.
- Once firm, insert a stick into the cake ball and dip it into the candy coating by holding the stick and rotating until covered. Once covered remove and softly tap and rotate until the excess candy falls off. Don’t tap too hard or the cake ball will fall off, too.
- Place on wax paper to harden.
- Try not to eat them all!
recipe from: www.bakerella.com