Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Graphic Design Work - STD site


My co-worker Troy and I have been working on this new website for the Missouri Department of Health since October. We finally launched it last week. We are all very happy with how it turned out, it's very informative and a bit edgy.

Scene: While working on the above page Amelia came into my office and asked what that was. Looking over my shoulder she tried to read it (She is in first grade and still learning how to read) ...

AMELIA: "There is no"... she asked me the next word.... " for hamsters" ?

ME: No not hamsters.

AMELIA: What does it say?

ME: Um.... Herpes.

AMELIA: What is that?

ME: (thinking to myself, quick... how do I put this) It's a disease that big people get if they don't take care of themselves.

AMELIA: Oh. (and off she went to play).

Whew... now that she is starting to read everything in sight... a new level to this crazy world has been opened up to her.



Want to learn about STD's? Visit the new site here. I bet you learn something new. I sure did while working on the site.

No comments: