Snow day... we made homemade strawberry danishes... Yum-O!
- Pre-heat oven at 400
- Cream together 6oz of cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg yoke, 1/2tsp vanilla extract & 1/4 salt.
- Put parchment paper on cookie sheet and unfold one sheet of your puff pastry (the frozen kind you buy at the store). Roll it out just a bit and cut into 4 pieces, spread pieces apart, then dock (poke with a fork) just the middle of the pastry.
- Spread a generous amount of the cream cheese mix on each piece and top with 3 tbsp of your favorite jelly or jam.
- Brush the egg white around just the edges of the pastry.
- Cook for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Gobble them up!!