Monday, November 29, 2010

Memory Monday - Alpha Xi Delta, Gamma Nu

I had a few of my sorority sisters over this weekend for girls night at my house. It had been so long since I had seen some of them! We had a great time reminiscing about our glory days as actives in the house.

I was the first person in my family to become greek so it was new territory to my family. They were not sure what to expect and neither did I. I had not even thought about rushing a sorority until I had gotten down to school and saw how strong the greek community was. It seemed like the right fit for me and I am so glad I had made that decision.

Looking back on those days we did do the stereotypical sorority things: parties, drinking and the odd greek events. But I also: kept good grades with the mandatory study halls, kept fit with intramural sports and donated my time and helped raise money for local charities. But mostly I gained a wonderful bond and life long friendship with a great group of women. Women who support each other to achieve their dreams with courage, graciousness and peace.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I was scrolling through the photo to see if I recognized anyone and found another Kelly Simpson! How surreal. Did you know Donna Chandler and Holly Ragsdale? They were in Alpha Xi Delta a couple of years later.