Friday, April 16, 2010

P.J. Refashion

Do what you can with what you have where you are.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Kids grow so fast so I am always looking for ways to make their clothes last a bit longer. One of the easiest ways is to cut of sleeves and long pants to make short sleeves shirts & shorts. Here I altered some of Anna's P.j.'s that I knew she would out grow before next winter.

First I cut off the sleeves and pant legs. I just folded over the shorts and hemmed them. Then I cut off the ribbed pant cuff that goes around the ankle and sewed that to the sleeve of the shirt to give it a nice professional finish. You can really see on the purple snowman shirt, it now has a pink ribbed trim. Now Anna has two more summer p.j.'s she can wear, so they might have a snowman & snowflakes on them... Christmas in July?

The green shirt is so cute but too hot for summer, so I cut off the sleeves and did a simple hem. Then I cut off the cute lettuce ruffle trim from the long sleeves and sewed them into white socks to make a cute trim... presto, matching socks.

No comments: